1. South Africa visit January – February 2019
2. Job Vacancies
3. Immigration News
South Africa Visit: 30 January – 10 February 2019
Well wishes for 2019!Matrixvisa (www.matrixvisa.com) will be in South Africa from Wednesday, 30 Jan – Sunday, 10 Feb 2019.
Meeting Dates – Week One
Wednesday, 30 Jan: 10 am – 4 pm in Stellenbosh
Thursday, 31 Jan: 4 pm – 9 pm in Port Elizabeth
Friday, 1 Feb: 1 pm – 5 pm in Sandton
Saturday, 2 Feb: 8 am – 5 pm @ City Lodge, on Oliver Tambo Airport
Sunday, 3 Feb: 8 am – 5 pm @ City Lodge, on Oliver Tambo Airport
Meeting Dates – Week Two
Friday, 8 Feb: 1 pm – 5 pm in Sandton
Saturday, 9 Feb: 8 am – 5 pm @ City Lodge, on Oliver Tambo Airport
Sunday, 10 Feb: 7 am – 11 am @ City Lodge, on Oliver Tambo Airport
How To Book?
For those who are interested in booking a meeting, go to this linkhttps://www.matrixvisa.com/book-meeting/ and click on the link named: “Get Your Initial Assessment”
All applicants seeking to emigrate as skilled workers (not entrepreneurs) must complete an initial assessment before being invited to book a consultation.
Kindly complete an initial assessment to book your consultation as soon as possible for the remaining South Africa slots, as this process does take some time to complete. Bookings are made with Miss Jessica Boshoff, email her firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions.
If you need to speak to Cobus during his South African visit, please send an SMS or WhatsApp to his Canadian Cell, 00-1-403-710-7156; or please call our Johannesburg office at 010-285-0493 x 101 (this is a South African telephone number). Andrea is our receptionist in Johannesburg.
If you were unable to secure a booking for this trip, there is always the option of a Skype/telephonic meeting, which is held weekly when Cobus is in Canada.
These opportunities are for people that are willing to emigrate and live in Canada, not for people that want to work for a few months or year and return to South Africa.
In the past 2 months, we have assisted many clients to find work, including a veterinarian, dental assistant, automotive mechanics, farm managers, skilled cattle workers, farm supervisors, secondary school teachers, primary school teachers, concrete finisher, cook, an electrician with overhead crane experience, programmers and many more. These successes demonstrate that Matrixvisa’s unique job-hunting the strategy is effective. This propriety approach was developed over a 15 year period.
CVs can be sent to email@example.com
- A client in Ontario request 15 MIG welders. It is production work with jigs. The Federal Labour Market Impact Assessment is expected to be approved in 6 weeks. Boilermakers with strong welding experience are encouraged to apply
- We have vacancies for 2 overhead crane technicians with 8000 hours in overhead cranes. The experience is a legal requirement
- Veterinarians are needed for an employer in Alberta
- We have a position for a specialist fabricator (bender) with advanced experience in bending, and whom can use large bending machines
- An Ontario based company has requested Matrixvisa to recruit several CNC Machinists with horizontal boring mill experience. The requirements are as follows:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with medium to large precision components on CNC Horizontal Boring Mills;
- Ability to set up, program and operate CNC Horizontal Boring Mill with FANUC, and;
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, charts, tables and ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product;
- Strong communication skills partnered with a positive team spirit;
- Must be able to work Day & Afternoon shifts along with overtime as needed
- A client in the Prairies is searching for several agriculture mechanics
- A Volkswagen dealership in Toronto is searching for VW qualified mechanics
- We have several skilled agriculture positions
If you are our client, your resume has already been forwarded.
If you are not already a client, you can apply to become a client by completing the initial assessment process at this link https://www.matrixvisa.com/book-meeting/ and clicking on the link named “Get Your Initial Assessment”.
Sponsorship for parents will open on 29 January. The application form will only be made available on noon 29 January when the program opens.
Imagine if 100 000 applications are submitted at the same time? Although the government claims it will be first come first serve, that it will become a lottery.
The BC Government made an announcement about a new pilot program for entrepreneurs. The criteria target entrepreneurs with a desire to start a business and settle in regional communities (populations of fewer than 75,000): The requirements are:
- minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments
- minimum personal net worth of $300,000
- minimum of 51% ownership
- minimum of 1 new job created
Canada signed an international trade agreement named Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with several European countries in which work permits can be issued to nationals from several European countries without labour market testing. The occupations can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/international-free-trade-agreements/canada-eu/noc-equivalents.html
Canada also signed an international trade agreement with countries in the Pacific Rim named the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP). The agreement was signed with 10 countries in the Asia-Pacific region: Australia, Brunei, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore and Vietnam. Once fully implemented, the 11 countries will form a trading bloc representing 495 million consumers and 13.5% of global GDP. Under this agreement Citizens from these countries can work in Canada without labour market testing. The occupations can be seen here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/international-free-trade-agreements/trans-pacific/professionals.html
Australians in the following occupations can obtain work permits in Canada without an LMIA. They just require a job offer:
All NOC-0 and NOC-A occupations are permitted, except the following:
- health, education and social services occupations and related occupations
- judges and notaries
- managers in postal and courier services
- managers of telecommunications carriers
- occupations related to cultural industries
- recreation, sports and fitness program and service directors
- aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics mechanics, technicians and inspectors
- architectural technologists and technicians
- civil engineering technologists and technicians
- computer and information systems technicians (occupations include elements of NOC A)
- construction inspectors and estimators
- drafting technologists and technicians
- electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- engineering inspectors, testers and regulatory officers
- graphic designers and illustrators
- industrial designers
- industrial engineering technologists and technicians
- industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- interior designers
- international purchasing and selling agents
- land survey technologists and technicians
- mechanical engineering technologists and technicians
- oil and gas well drillers, servicers and testers
- technical occupations in geomatics and meteorology
- supervisors in the following areas:
- food, beverage and tobacco processing fields
- forest products processing field
- machinists and related occupations
- mineral and metal processing
- mining and quarrying
- oil and gas drilling and service
- petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities
- plastic and rubber products manufacturing
- printing and related occupations
- textile processing
- Contractors and supervisors in the following areas:
- carpentry trades
- electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- heavy construction equipment crews
- installers, repairers and servicers
- mechanic trades
- metal forming
- other construction trades
- pipefitting trades
- shaping and erecting trades
The Matrixvisa Team