Current News


Due to the drop in lumber prices, 3900 Canadians have been effected in the softwood lumber industry in British Columbia. Some saw mills closed, and others decreased it’s production. Canadians that lost their jobs must get first choice in vacant positions in other parts of the province and the country. Sources CBC. See

New Caregiver Immigration Policy

The Federal Government announced that LMIA for caregivers that is outside of Canada will not required any more. This policy is effective 18 June 2019. Applicants must have:

  • a certain language proficiency
  • an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of a 1 year post high school education credential
  • Demonstrate that the work can be formed after arrival in Canada

Foreign nationals must  submit a application for a work permit (WP) and permanent residence (PR) at the Central Processing Centre Edmonton. Once the application for permanent residence has been approved (excluding the 24 months Canadian work experience), reports must be submitted to CPC Edmonton and the PR decision will be made. Therefore the WP is a result of a PR application. Processing time will be about 12 months. The only  NOC’s for which WP will be issued,  will be NOC 4411 and NOC 4412

Work permits will also be issued which is not tied to a specific employer, but it will be occupation specific only.

The new pilot program is called the Home Child-Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot.Source: